Last Updated: September 6th, 2022
I. Collection of Information
The information we collect from you depends on the context in which you provide it and use our Services. We collect the following categories of information: identifiers, internet or other similar network activity, commercial information, geolocation data, and inferences drawn from other personal information. More details about these categories of data are provided below, and the business and commercial purposes for which we collect personal information is described in the Use of Information section.
1. Information You Provide to UsWe collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, interact with other users, upload images to our servers, request customer support, sign up to receive newsletters, participate in surveys or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your username, password, email address, photos, and any other information you choose to provide.
2. Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the ServicesWhen you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- a) Usage Information: We collect information about your use of our Services, including gaming service ID, levels completed, game scores, time spent using our Services, and other game play information.
- b) Log Information: We log information about your use of our Services, including your browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the website you visited before navigating to our Services.
- c) Hardware Information: We collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, browser mobile network information, list of other BNOI mobile applications installed on the device, MAC address, IP address International Mobile Equipment Identity (“IMEI”) number and other unique device identifiers made available by the operating system of your device.
- d) Location Information: We may collect information regarding the geographic location of your device each time you use the Services provided on iOS or Android platforms or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. You may withdraw consent for the collection of platform provided location data using the settings on your device. Your location is stored for the period specified in the Services before collection.
- f) Profile Information: We create profiles based upon your preferences, characteristics, behavior and other information from your use of the Services, and with your consent, we combine that information with information from other sources.
3. Information We Collect From Third Parties
We may also obtain information from other sources as far as it is necessary to perform our Services, and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For instance, we may collect game ranking and achievement status from your console or mobile operating system game center application. We also obtain publicly available information from social media monitoring service platform. If you create or log into your BNOI account through a third-party platform (such as Facebook or Twitter), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization you give to such platform. Additionally, when you complete in-app purchases, we may collect information about you from the provider of your device operating system when they process the purchases on our behalf. Please note that we do not receive your payment method information from the operating system providers. In other cases, we will ask you to authorize us to collect, store, and use personal information from third parties.
II. Use of Information
We only collect, store and use your information if you have consented to it or, to the extent that it is necessary (i) for the performance of your agreement with us; (ii) to comply with our legal obligations; or (iii) for the purpose of our legitimate interests, including operating, evaluating and improving our global business. We have carefully balanced our legitimate business interests against your interests. Please contact us using the contact details provided below if you have questions on this balancing of interests.
We (or a third party data processor on our behalf) may collect, store and use information about you for the following purposes for the periods necessary to achieve such purposes:
|Legal Basis||How We Use Your Information|
|Performance of Your Agreement with Us||Provide our Services|
|Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information|
|Register you for an account on our Services and assist in the management of your account|
|Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service|
|Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages|
|Process and deliver contest entries and rewards promoted by BNOI|
|Legitimate Interest||For any purpose required or authorized for us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations|
|Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services|
|Detect, investigate and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity|
|Obtain parent or legal guardian verification|
|Provide contextual in-Service advertisement|
|Monitor, analyze and develop our brands on social media by using social media monitoring services|
|Consent||Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by BNOI and others, and provide news, information and other marketing materials that we think will be of interest to you|
|Link or combine your data with other Services and with information we get from other sources to analyze service and monetization trends, create profiles of categories of users, create new games and services, and perform other analytics|
|Link or combine with information we get from our advertising partners to help understand your needs and provide you with better in-Service personalized ads; serve in-Service advertisements that might be of interest to you; monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the advertisements and our Services; link or combine with information we get from our advertising partners to help understand your needs and provide you with better personalized in-Service ads; creating profiles of types of Service users by combining your data with information from advertising partners|
|Creating profiles of types of users by combining your data with information from our advertising partners, providing the data to our group companies, ad agencies and ad platforms to target advertisements of our (and our group company) games and services to you outside of this service, and otherwise performing advertising analytics and performance metrics|
|For any other purpose for which you provided the information|
III. Sharing of Information
We do not share, transfer or otherwise exchange your personal information with third parties, unless required for the provision of our products or services, otherwise as permitted or required by law, or if you have given us express consent. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- a) With other users if you choose to participate in the interactive areas of our Services, such as multiplayer, chat, or sharing features (the use of personally identifiable data (such as your full name) as a username in our Services is strictly prohibited);
- b) With our employees, affiliates, related companies, vendors, consultants and other third party service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (including, for example, developers, payment processors, website hosting services, or information storage and processing service providers);
- c) In response to legal process or a request for information if disclosure is in accordance with, or as otherwise required by applicable law, rule, or regulation (including, for example government or regulatory bodies, law enforcement, or courts of law);
- d) If we have reasonable grounds to believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of BNOI, our users or others and we consider our legitimate interests in disclosing your personal information to third parties (such as courts or attorneys) to weigh your interests in the specific case;
- e) In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company (provided we have a legal basis); and
- f) With your consent or at your direction.
IV. Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may allow others to provide analytics services on our behalf and to serve advertisements within our Services. These entities may use technologies to automatically collect information about your device and your use of our Services, including IP address, device ID, time spent on pages within our Services, and links clicked within our Services. This information may be used by us and others to, among other things, maintain, improve, and analyze the functioning of our Services and deliver contextual or targeted advertising that may be of interest to you. The use of your information by these third parties is covered by their respective privacy policies, and we do not control and are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties.
Some of our Services will, with your prior consent, combine game play and analytic information with information collected from other Bandai Namco Online games, games from our group companies, and other third party sources to analyze game and monetization trends, create profiles of categories of players, create new games and services, and perform other analytics. With your consent or at your direction, we also use certain information collected through our games for advertisement targeting outside of the game. This includes creating profiles of types of players by combining your data with information from our advertising partners, providing the data to our ad agencies and ad platforms to target advertisements of our (and our group company) games and services to you outside of this game, and otherwise performing advertising analytics and performance metrics.
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org and http://www.aboutads.info/choices. European users may opt of receiving targeted advertising by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. Please note that you need to renew this choice on each device and browser you use to access our Services.
V. Social Sharing Feature
VII. Storing and deleting data
VIII. International Transfers
IX. Third Party Sites
X. Push Notifications/Alerts
XI. Data Protection Rights
- a) Access to the personal information we process about you as well as the right to data portability,
- b) The right to have personal information corrected or erased,
- c) The right to restrict the processing of your personal information
- d) The right to withdraw your consent at any time for consent we have obtained from you, although this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the withdrawal.
- e) You also have the right to object, at any time, to the processing of your personal information which is based on BNOI’s legitimate interests.
- f) Where we process your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to such processing, including for profiling purposes to the extent that it is related to direct marketing. If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal information for such purposes. In that case we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, but only about our ongoing business relations.
- g) The right to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To exercise these rights, you should make a request using our contact details set out below. If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your request, and your country of residence has a supervisory authority, you may lodge a complaint with such supervisory authority in your country of residence. We do not provide different levels of service if you exercise these rights. However, if you request that we delete or cease collecting information which is necessary to ensure adequate functioning of the Services, you may not be able to use all or some parts of our Services.
Bandai Namco Online Inc.
Attn: Contact for Personal Information Matter
Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0014
If you are located in the European Union, you can also contact us at:
Bandai Namco Europe S.A.S.
15 rue Félix Mangini